Blog Reveal

Blogging has been an interesting experience for me. I had a couple friends who kept up with a blog when we were younger, but it was never a serious endeavor and they only kept up with it occasionally. My personal first experience with blogging would've been through Facebook when I first got an account at the age of 13.Since then I haven't kept a blog in the traditional sense until this past fall semester. The part I find a bit odd is that I went 20 years of my life where social media was the only "blog" I used and then in the span of 6 months I have successfully kept up with 3. Keeping up with a blog doesn't seem like it should be that difficult. Its just one post a week, right? The problem arises when you forget one week and say "I'll just double up next week" or "I'll do it later," because I would usually hit a streak of forgetfulness. Maintaining a blog takes a pretty significant amount of work, from planning to writing to proofreading and posting. There is a significant creative process in the life of a blog. Firstly, I had to make sure the topic was interesting. I never expected my blogs to become recognized on a large scale and honestly was surprised to see that a few of my posts actually had a couple views. The reason to make the posts creative and interesting was more for my own benefit. I could find obscure topics to write about and it would make the process easier for me to want to return to or to complete because I wouldn't be "falling asleep at the wheel" while writing. All 3 of my blogs all had different purposes too. One was dedicated to topics related to the First Amendment and technology. This blog was one I felt like I had the least freedom of choice in my topics but as I started completing posts I found that my freedom of choice was not limited as much as it was just focused. This blog was probably my favorite of the three because I was looking into topics that wouldn't normally pique my interest. One of my other blogs was dedicated to sports topics as the class it was for was a sports broadcasting class. Being a lifelong sports fan I found it easy to write about and share my thoughts and it was a relaxing blog to write because I had such a deep understanding of the topic at hand. The final blog that I kept up was from the Fall semester and it was kind of a mashup of sorts. We were allowed to blog about anything we wanted but also we had to make a few posts dedicated to a topic chosen for us. This made my blog a little odd to look at I feel like and it's not a bad thing, nor is it the fault of anyone, it was more of an aesthetic thing. This helped me to make sure that in my future blogs the purpose of the blog would be clear to the reader from the start. Overall, my blogging experience has been a journey that has come full circle in all of 9 months or so. I may pick it back up someday as a hobby or it may tie in with a career in the future, but for now, this looks to be my last post for some time. With that, goodbye and good Luck.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whats up with Reddit?

What I learned from the Group Presentations.