Is Cable Free Worth the Fee?

Paid video subscriptions have been around for some time now, but only in the last 5 years or so has the idea really become mainstream. The likes of Netflix and Hulu are so popular nowadays that many companies that traditionally broadcast on normal television airways are starting to create their own paid subscription streaming services. This has even prompted many people to go "cable-free" meaning they will use only their subscriptions to get the shows they want versus traditional cable or satellite broadcasts. I have used Netflix a very good amount, not as many as most but probably at least once a week. I don't "binge" shows like some people, but one or two episodes at a time usually suffice for me. I also started using Hulu in college more because I could get it for free with my Spotify Premium subscription which I can get for a reduced price as a college student. While some folks may get rid of the cable box and stay with their preferred streaming service, I just don't see the appeal. Maybe because as a sports fan I enjoy having lots of channels at my disposal but one could argue that ESPN+ can satisfy my desire for multiple different options. I think that there is a bit of fun in not knowing what is on the TV when you turn on the cable box. There's a bit of fun in just mindlessly scrolling and throwing on whatever seems interesting. While this could also be accomplished through a subscription service there is just something that keeps me coming back to the trusty old cable box.

Hulu YouTube Netflix HBO CBS NFL Sunday Ticket

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Reveal

Whats up with Reddit?

What I learned from the Group Presentations.